- An impressive tribute to a legendary Formula One racer, which was reportedly built with assistance from mechanics who worked on the original cars.
- It is powered by a 2.0-litre Alfa Romeo twin-cam engine coupled to a manual transmission, sourced from a Giulietta model.
- There are various genuine F1 components, including the F92A specification carbon-fibre wings.
- Previously not run for at least seven years, this F92A replica was discovered in a barn in Italy in 2021, and has subsequently been recommissioned so that it starts and runs, and could be used for exhibitions or demonstration laps.
- For those who are able to reclaim it, please note this is a VAT-qualifying car, and the hammer price includes VAT. The seller can provide a VAT invoice.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
- Constructed over a four-year period from 1992 to 1996, this replica was reportedly crafted with assistance from Ferrari mechanics who worked on the real F92A racers. It was conceived and created by a gentleman by the name of Gianni Pascal, and his son has confirmed this story about the car.
- The replica was crafted in the small village of Perosa Argentina, next to Villar Perosa, which is best known for being the original home of the famous Agnelli family. Some Ferrari employees are reported to have met Mr Pascal while they were on holiday in the nearby resort of Val Chisone.
- It is said that Gianni Pascal’s project was supported by some factory employees, who helped him to secure some spare parts that were otherwise going to be discarded. These are reported to have included genuine front and rear carbon composite wings, as Mr Pascal was determined to make his replica as faithful as possible to the car of his favourite driver, Jean Alesi.
- In 1996 after the car was completed, Gianni Pascal took the car to various shows and drove it in numerous demonstration laps. However, Pascal became unwell shortly after this, and the car was then put into long-term garaged storage.
- The specification includes a replica race dashboard, new Momo steering wheel, and suede cloth-trimmed seat in the snug cockpit with a genuine Sabelt 4-point harness.
- Its wheels were custom made, and are now wrapped in brand-new Avon Historic F1 tyres.
- The car has a removable engine cover panel to allow easier access to the internals. The nose cone and front wing can also be separated from the vehicle by undoing four bolts. A central rain light is fitted at the rear of the car.
- A cooling radiator is fitted in the left air pod, and there are two coolers mounted above the floor at the rear. There are in-board shock absorbers at the front and rear.
- Its brakes have been modified, and the front brakes have been renewed. A replacement battery has also been fitted.
- Since the build, there has been no accident damage, and today there are just two small cracks on the engine cover, which can be seen in the photos.
- The Rosso Corsa paintwork that was applied in the 1990s when the car was being built remains on the body, having never been resprayed. While there are minor flaws visible in the finish, the car has a handsome ‘patina’ in line with its 28 years of age.
- The seller states that the engine is running.
- The clutch is currently not working, so this will need to be rectified before the car is used for shows or demonstration runs.
This F92A F1 car replica is an eye-catching custom build, representing the dedication and passion of one enthusiast who wanted to recreate the elegant design and details of the famous single-seater. Understood to be fitted with genuine F1 front and rear wings, and with some impressive detailing throughout, this is a charming tribute to a 1990s icon, which is a driveable and characterful show car.