- This Porsche 924 is a strikingly modified example of the classic sports car, which has been rebuilt to Safari specification, completed in 2022.
- It is powered by a 2.0-litre inline-four which drives the rear wheels via a five-speed dog-leg manual transmission.
- The odometer currently displays 58,220km, however this is not warranted, and the vendor notes that the car has not been driven since its conversion to ‘Safari’ specification.
- Having been freshly refurbished, it is now ready for use in regularity rallies or as a head-turning car show companion.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
- This custom-built 924 Safari comes finished in silver, with a stylish red and Martini Racing livery and various parts manufacturer decals.
- The exterior now features a roof-mounted spare wheel, mud flaps and a set of spot lamps on the front end.
- It rides on 15-inch ‘mesh’ alloy wheels, which are wrapped with new Toyo all-terrain tyres. These Porsche 924 Turbo wheels have been powder-coated in white since the initial photos were taken. Photos of the new wheel colour are included in the gallery.
- Around the axles, new spacers have been fitted to give the car a wider stance.
- Inside, the car has been fitted with a pair of new Auto Style bucket seats, red D1 Spec harnesses, OMP footwell plates, VDO dials, a black synthetic suede-trimmed Vigor steering wheel, a hydraulic handbrake, a fire extinguisher, and a host of retrofitted toggle switches.
- Its original owner’s manual will be included, along with its dealer-affixed price tag and a collection of maintenance invoices.
- There has been no known bodywork damage.
- The Silver paintwork was resprayed in 2015 and it now presents in good overall condition, with only a few small imperfections on the sills and a small blister on the rear bumper.
- Inside, the racing seats are in superb order, though some of the dashboard plastics are slightly faded, which is in line with the car’s age and use.
- No electrical issues have been detected and there are no known mechanical faults.
- This 924’s most recent service was carried out at 58,321 km by Classic Car Service Twente.
- During the restoration process, technicians replaced the battery, o-rings, alternator, radiator, spark plugs, distributor, thermostat, centre muffler, aluminium rear silencer, wheel bearings, bonnet sound mat, brakes, windscreen, roof rubbers, boot lid rubbers, dashboard top, windscreen, and front headlights, while the heat regulator was overhauled.
This Porsche 924 is an eye-catching example of the classic transaxle sports car, which has been fully rebuilt to ‘safari’ rally specification. Now ideal for regularity rallies and off-road adventures, it would make a striking addition to any Porsche enthusiast’s collection, and is sure to turn heads both on the rally stage and at any event showground.