- This Porsche 924 is a strikingly modified example of the classic sports car, which has been rebuilt to Safari specification, completed in 2022.
- It is powered by a 2.0-litre inline-four which drives the rear wheels via a five-speed dog-leg manual transmission.
- The odometer currently displays 60,120km, however this is not warranted, and the vendor notes that the car has not been driven since its conversion to ‘Safari’ specification.
- Having been freshly refurbished, it is now ready for use in regularity rallies or as a head-turning car show companion.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
- This custom-built 924 Safari comes finished in white, with a stylish red and Rothmans Racing livery and various parts manufacturer decals.
- The exterior now features a roof-mounted spare wheel, mud flaps and a set of spot lamps on the front end.
- It rides on 15-inch ‘mesh’ alloy wheels, which are wrapped with new Toyo all-terrain tyres. These Porsche 924 Turbo wheels have been powder-coated in white.
- Around the axles, new spacers have been fitted to give the car a wider stance.
- Inside, the car has been fitted with a pair of Seabelt bucket seats, red D1 Spec harnesses, OMP footwell plates, VDO dials, a black synthetic suede-trimmed new OMP steering wheel, a fire extinguisher, and a host of retrofitted toggle switches.
- A trip master brand: Korsmit including foot pedal
- Its original owner’s manual will be included, along with its dealer-affixed price tag and a collection of maintenance invoices.
- There has been no known bodywork damage.
- The white paintwork is in good overall condition, with only a few small imperfections on the sills and a small blister on the rear bumper.
- Inside, the racing seats are in superb order, though some of the dashboard plastics are slightly faded, which is in line with the car’s age and use.
- No electrical issues have been detected and there are no known mechanical faults.
- This 924’s most recent service was carried out at 60,120 km by Classic Car Service Twente.
- During the restoration process, technicians replaced:
- New exhaust manifold gasket
- New water pump and water pump gasket
- New camshaft seal
- New distributor belt and tensioner
- New O-ring thermoset housing
- New coolant hose
- New aluminium passenger footrest
- New bleeding nipple for the brake on the left front side
- New bearing in steering gear
- New multi belt
- Emergency power switches fitted inside and outside
- Tailgate adjusted
- New window switches for electric windows
- Odometer replaced
- New MOT
- New safari roof rack
- New spare tyre
- New central reversing light
- New wiper blades
- Steering wheel rod completely disassembled and overhauled
- New gearbox oil and engine oil
- Brake pads and discs front side
- New roll cage
This Porsche 924 is an eye-catching example of the classic transaxle sports car, which has been fully rebuilt to ‘safari’ rally specification. Now ideal for regularity rallies and off-road adventures, it would make a striking addition to any Porsche enthusiast’s collection, and is sure to turn heads both on the rally stage and at any event showground.